Monday, September 21, 2009

Latest Update

I have been in contact with the artist I've commissioned to paint the cover for My Brother's Keeper. As I've mentioned before he is, to put it very mildly, of quite some renown in his field and remains in high demand. In other words, he is very busy and he hasn't gotten to my cover yet.

He thought his schedule would be opening up during the summer, but now it looks like he's pretty well booked with his biggest client through the end of the year. I was hoping I'd have the book ready for Christmas, but that doesn't seem likely at this point. Right now, I'm hoping for March.

This doesn't really bother me at all, to you the truth. It's a blessing in a couple of different ways. First, I've recently revisited my manuscript after not looking at it for five or six months. This fresh perspective has given me an opportunity to make corrections and revisions that otherwise would have not been done. I see it as a luxury to be able to do this.

Secondly, with the first book not coming out until next year, I will have plenty of time to get a good head start on the second book and therefore greatly reduce the gap between the two. This is definitely a good thing since I've made so little headway on the second book this year.

I always assumed I'd be looking at about a year between books, but this delay will certainly change that.

So that's good news. The bad news is this blog continues to just tease at the book and I didn't anticipate that. But in the weeks and months to come I'll look at posting more artwork giving some glimpses of more characters. And also if anyone reading this has any questions at all either about my story or just my approach or technique in writing, please email me or leave a comment.

In the meantime, I'll keep looking for time to write and any updates I get on the art will surely be posted here.


No comments:

Post a Comment