Monday, December 22, 2008

Good Progress

On November 21st, I posted here that I had 29 scenes left to write and that I would be happy with completing two of them per week. Well, it's been about a month and I've been very pleased with my pace. I've done five per week.

First, my 29 scenes grew to 31. Out of those 31, I have finished 20 of them. So just 11 to go. So at that pace, I should be done in just over two weeks. However, here we are at Christmas and New Year's, so I'm sure I'll slow down a bit. Right now, my goal is to be finished by the end of January.

Of course, "finished" is a relative term. It still needs to be copy edited for errors, I've got to design and format the book, develop or acquire artwork for the cover and interiors, navigate the binding and publishing process, acquire an ISBN number and.... probably a couple dozen other details I'm not even aware of, yet.

But by "finished", I mean I can start writing the second book in the series while all this other editing/formatting/publishing stuff gets worked out. I hope it will go quickly. We'll see.



1 comment:

  1. If it's a White Rocket book, I can do a good bit of that as part of the process. We can discuss.

    ReplyDelete