Monday, January 5, 2009

State of the Book

Here we are in 2009. After a couple of months of intense writing and tremendous progress, I took the last two weeks of the year off as I celebrated the birth of Christ with my family.

As of January 1st, my novel is clocking in at 80,109 words. I started this journey in late November of 2007 and the end is truly in sight. It is my goal to have it finished by the end of this month.

Once I have it done, we'll begin the "post-production" process of copy editing, procuring artwork, designing and formatting, et. al. While all that's going on, I'll probably get started right away on the sequel.

The new year brings an additional challenge to my finding time to write as I look to launch my own wedding video business as a sideline venture. But I'm so close now, I surely must see this through.

Next: Cracking a Scene

2 comments:

  1. 80K in that amount of time is remarkable, considering it's your first one and given the amount of time you have to work with. Ya gotta finish it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did say November of ='07=, so we're talking about 13 months. Is that remarkable? I feel like I should be done by now. I lost a lot of time between April and September, writing only a couple of scenes.

    ReplyDelete